Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Not So Bad

Evening blogland.  I've had a quiet day.  Me and Maxwell snuggling in my chair.  Which is unsual because he doesn't snuggle for that long.  He did know something was different because he kept sniffing my face.

Today was the day at the dentist that I have been dreading for about a year.  A piece broke off my tooth (lower right second from back) I think from a black ball.  After rushing into the dentist to have it checked, I've tried to ignore it.  But no more, they finally booked my appointment. Today started the process for an implant.  The tooth was pulled and a bone reconstrution was started.  Now a few check ups to keep an eye on it, and the process will continue in or around March.  It really wasn't as bad as I was imagining.

This past weekend was Thanksgiving here in Canada.  As I worked all weekend, I did manage to cook my turkey on Monday, as the store was closed.  We made it a lazy day, taking a break from construction.  I took the opportunity to put a few of my supplies back on the desk top.  (It was cleared once again to paint the back wall)  I came across my art journal and decided to try my hand at a fall scene.  The weather has certainly changed here. Our warm weather is gone, some evenings have a bit of a chill even frost in the mornings, and  cooler days were a jacket is required.

I started by painting my page with white gesso.  Then coloring the background with some pearlescent watercolors.  The grasses in the front were stamped with distress ink, as well as the trees.  The trees and leaves were colored with pencil crayons.

dee ;o)

No comments: